Mark Haddon's good read.


Hello world!
    This time I've come up with the review of a book rather than my usual writing.

  Being tired of looking at the same stocks of love stories and biographies (that revolve around love stories), I was beating the bushes for a different genre which I'd go for. And then my eyes fell on the novel, 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time'. But the portion above those eyes (my brain) took it as just another piece of story for passing my idle days till i could find a real masterpiece of other genre.

I went through the reviews of different authors & editors given on the first and the last page of the book (this is a little my kind of appraisal), but the most satisfactory overview came from my cousin who recommended me this one.

The first chapter is numbered as "2" (rather than the usual "1") and you will get to know why once you'll start reading.
When I flipped through some pages, I found few pictures of smileys, numbers, maps and cartoons. These all are given not to create a real scenario of the story but to make you understand the mental condition & the life , the protagonist live.

I couldn't find a summary better than the one given on its back cover & I'll quote the same as well here:
' It is a murder mystery novel like no other. The detective, and the narrator, is Christopher Boone. He is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down'.

The narrator didn't  think this as a funny book. He says, ' I cannot tell jokes because I don't understand them'. But his way of portraying an emotionally dissociated mind will make you smile more often.
He don't tell lies but tells white lies ( which is like saying the half truth). He finds people confusing. He says that if you raise your one eyebrow , it can mean a lot of things. It can mean 'I want to do sex with you' & it can also mean ' I think that what u just said was very stupid'.
It's a bleakly funny book with a beautifully portrayed story from the perceptive of an autistic child.

All I would say is,
If you've watched & loved the Shahrukh Khan's movie 'My name is Khan' ,this book is for you.
If you've never seen the life through the eyes of a boy with Asperger's Syndrome, then this book is for u.
If you've or ever had interest in maths & reasoning, then this book is for u.
And if u are in a mood of changing ur genre, then this murder mystery is just for you.

Nigel Williams has quoted very well about this plausible, beautifully written story:
'Whether you like dogs, prime numbers, Swindon or indeed none of the above, this is the book for you'.

I guess if this time Mark Haddon ( the author) will thanks me for making his copies sold for a little more :P


Comments

  1. I never knew that raising one eyebrow means that lot of things. Still laughing at this 😂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There r numerous such things to laugh at ..in this one.

      Delete
  2. Btw Nicely writing. #TalentedGirl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She not Sea!

The day for me

IMDb 9.6/10