The day for me

Today
Was holiday for the most citizens and the office goers.
Was the day to sell Indian flags on roads for the child labourers.
Was the day to change dp to tricolor for millennials.
Was the day to play patriotic songs for clubs and malls.
But for me it was a lot noticeable.

Today on 72nd Independence day  rather than hosting flag or singing national anthem, I chose to write. It's not that I prefer it but I was left with this only.
It whatever aspects the country have developed or became independent ..still seems to be less than the changes I feel taking place in my life. Today my liberty, my independence made me realise of those years that have passed leaving a ocean of memories in my head. N these nostalgic memories just tell one thing.. that our immature, childish age ..that phase was much loving & relaxing than today.
Today when I woke up  .. all I could hear was the sound of patriotic songs, all I could see were the rallies of students with banners on roads. And these all reminded  me of my happiest independence day I used to spend.

When I was in school I used to feel a surge of patriotism throughout my body when I used to look up at the tricolor being unfurled. How I used to start preparation for different programmes a month ago. How I just used to wait for this day. And on that day how eagerly I used to wake up, disturbing my mother to prepare tasty breakfast. How I just waited for those jalebis to eat. How I used to go school holding those flags in my hand and batches on my uniform. And on reaching school, how the festive environment used to make me more enthusiastic. Then I waited for my name to be announced so that I could give my best performance. How I used to ignore those speeches of principal n guests as being an audience.
How memorable it was to just sit with your friends and enjoy the whole happenings with the lays and kurkure. These so-called junk foods were the real taste makers of that day. And those snack packets used to complete our school day.

That time we didnt have those freedom from our parents that today we have. That  time we weren't the independent ones, not mature enough to take our own decisions. We weren't that wise to understand the importance of this day
But still there was a different elation, joy in celebrating this day as being a child.



Comments

  1. Impressive. I m going to check out the rest of ur blogs👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U already did, I thought.
    Thnks anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shivani. You are actually living my dreams ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article. Couldn’t be write much better!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This time I will not comment nicely written but oh it was nicely written. #TalentedGirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were the days with endless pleasures and exciting mornings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She not Sea!

IMDb 9.6/10